LED light bulbs are slowly taking over the light bulb world. The main reason is they put off a nice glow without using all that energy you’re used to in a incandescent bulb. So we’re here to talk about the best LED light bulbs and how you can order them!
Why LED Light Bulbs Are The Best
Some people stop at the cost savings associated with LED light bulbs and think that’s all there is to them. But there are a lot more benefits than just that! Here are few of the reasons we like to use LED light bulbs:
- LED light bulbs will last a lot longer than incandescent light bulbs. Remember that thing called a filament?
- LED light bulbs consume a lot less energy. This does help your bill but it also helps the environment!
- LED light bulbs have a bright and “cheery” feel to them.
- LED light bulbs seem to handle accidental drops a lot better.
- LED light bulbs only keep improving. These aren’t the same bulbs you once heard of and in 20 years I’m sure they’ll be even more advanced!
LED Light Bulb Options
There are all kinds of different LED bulb options. The main thing people think of is color. While originally, it felt like all LED bulbs were a bright white without any warmth to them, you can now pick out just about any “color” of bulb you’d like.
Of course, the other options have to do with the actual brightness. We are all used to the 60 watt and 75 watt bulbs but LED bulbs don’t actually measure their brightness that way. The bulbs actually use lumens to describe their brightness (which is what incadescents use too – who knew?). Since most consumers have no clue the amount of lumens they need, most manufacturers tell us what the incandescent watt equivalent would be for their particular LED bulb. That is super useful for people like me!
Dimmable LED Light Bulbs
A lot of people ask about having a dimmable LED light bulb. While there are some light bulbs that are not designed for dimming, most bulbs will work with a dimmer switch. If you’re worried about it, just buy these dimmable LED light bulbs: Philips LED Dimmable A19 Soft White Light Bulb.
Remember, to have a dimmable light fixture, you will need to install a dimmer light switch. You can add one to your Amazon cart by clicking here: Leviton SureSlide Universal Dimmer.
How To Order LED Light Bulbs
Let’s get to ordering your new bulbs! Below is a list of the light bulbs we’d recommended starting with. Simply click on the bulb that best fits your need and add it to your Amazon cart. It’s that easy!
- For a 40 watt bulb equivalent, try this one: Philips LED Non-Dimmable A19 Frosted Light Bulb: 5.5-Watt (40-Watt Equivalent), E26 Medium Screw Base, Soft White
- For a 60 watt bulb equivalent, we like this one: SYLVANIA 60W Equivalent, LED Light Bulb, A19 Lamp, Efficient 8.5W, Soft White
- For a 100 watt bulb equivalent, we’d recommend this: AmazonBasics 100 Watt Equivalent, Daylight, Non-Dimmable, A21 LED Light Bulb
- For a dimmable bulb, this is a great choice: Philips LED Dimmable A19 Soft White Light Bulb with Warm Glow Effect: 9.5-Watt (60-Watt Equivalent), E26 Base, Frosted
- For an vintage, Edison style bulb, I’d order this one: LED Dimmable Vintage Edison Led Bulbs 6W Antique Style Edison Light Bulbs, Warm White (Amber Gold Glass), Squarrel Cage Filament Vintage Light Bulb,ST64, E26 Base
- And these cool dusk-to-dawn lights automatically turn on and off (great for outside lights!): LOHAS Sensor Light Dusk till Dawn LED Bulb (Auto on/off)
Hopefully this post has won you over to switching to LED light bulbs! And as you experiment with the different bulbs, I’m sure you’ll find one that becomes your favorite!
Feel free to leave me a comment below! We love hearing from you!